Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So is it 4,055 songs or 592? which is it?

iPod 32GB MD058C/A

iOS 6.1.6 (10B500)

iTunes 11.2.2.3

Windows 8 PC

I'm having issues sync all my music from my PC to my iPod. In windows explorer it says I have 4,055 files under the iTunes folder. iTunes lists 610 songs. and after syncing iTunes says there are 592 items on the iPod. I've included 3 images to support this. Any idea what is going on? Thank you for your attention.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 9:00 PM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2014 1:51 AM in response to MMapples

The difference between 610 and 592 is likely due to the songs being able to be play on the iPod and thus they are not synced.

The difference between the 4,055 and the others is due the folder yo are using has many files besides actual song file. In File Explorer click on the iTunes folder. You should then see many files and folders. Click on iTunes Media, then Music and you should see the actual songs files. Yo will have to click on the folder for each song a few times to get to the actual song file.

So is it 4,055 songs or 592? which is it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.