Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad back up had been replace.

Hi, I had update my ipad just now, and it was problem from my laptop that turn off suddenly, so my ipad had to restore to factory setting, after that I back up my ipad from the (previous backup), and then my computer suddenly turn off again, after I turn on this time , itune sync my device from the factory setting, then replace the (previous back up). I try to look and edit the back up from early but it not exist on my (back up history) from preferences. how can i do now? is very important document. Thanks, sir..ip

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 7:50 PM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2014 12:43 AM in response to Mr Jazz

When you take a backup on your computer's iTunes it will overwrite the previous backup, so you will usually only have the one backup - I've had multiple backups listed when I've updated the iOS version, in which case I've had a pre-update and a post-update backup listed. Any backups that you have should be listed in the Devices tab in Edit > Preferences (iTunes > Preferences if using a Mac) on your computer, or you can view them via windows explorer (finder on a Mac) :

• Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
    The "~" represents your Home folder. If you don't see Library in your Home folder, hold Option and click the Go menu.
  • Windows XP:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
    To quickly access the Application Data folder, click Start, and choose Run. Type %appdata% and click OK.
  • Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
    To quickly access the AppData folder, click Start. In the search bar, type %appdata% and press Return.

If it's not listed there then it is no longer on your computer. If you hadn't also been backing up to the cloud then you could try searching for programs that claim to be able to recover content from a device (and see if any can recover documents from apps, not just photos), but you have probably lost any documents that you had on it.

ipad back up had been replace.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.