Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone froze and came up with with the apple logo.

I have a regular Iphone 4. I was on Facebook and my phone froze for about 10 minuets. Then it came up with the black screen and apple logo. Its been like that for over 3 hours now. I tried restarting it with the home button and sleep mode button. It takes a screenshot. I had my mom call my phone, it still plays my ringtone but when it lights up all I can see is the apple logo. I can hear when I get a message it still is making noises but I cant see them. What can I do? I was just going to let it die but I'm just worried about it.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 7:42 PM

1 reply

Jul 14, 2014 7:11 AM in response to kjulie7

Hi kjulie7,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like the iPhone may need to be restored if all you see on the display is the Apple logo. If you have a backup in iTunes on your computer or the iCloud, you can restore from that backup to recover the information on the backup. Because your iPhone has the Apple logo on the display, I would suggest restoring using recovery mode. The following article will walk you through that process.

If you can't update or restore your iOS device

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1808

Have a great day,

Joe

Phone froze and came up with with the apple logo.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.