Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP 7 won't let me save changes to effect default settings

Hey all - using FCP 7,0,3 and it will let me make a change to an individual effects default settings, but it won't let me save a new default - i.e.; I'm trying to change the length of disolves because I don't want full 1 second transitions, ever. I can add the transition and change that one, but FCP doesn't remember this preference and makes me do it all over again whenever I use the transition. My FCP is very buggy!

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 8:11 PM

1 reply

Jul 10, 2014 11:14 PM in response to crownheightsking

Are you using the correct method to make a new default transition?

If, for example, you want to make a 10 frame dissolve as your default, 1st place a default dissolve on the timeline:

User uploaded file

Then change it to 10 frames duration:

User uploaded file

Then click on that dissolve in the timeline to select it, and drag it to the FCP browser:

User uploaded file

And let go. Then Control-click on the effect in the browser and from the drop down menu choose "Set Default Transition"

User uploaded file

Once you have done that, your 10 frame dissolve will the effect applied when you apply the default transition.

MtD

FCP 7 won't let me save changes to effect default settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.