Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi problems - weird play icon next to network

Hi guys, i cant seem to find anything on this, so my apologies if this has been posted - i just cant seem to find out what it is.

I always seem to be getting this weird play symbol on my network. Whenever this happens, my internet slows down dramatically and i cant stream any videos.

I have attached a pic here.

I am running 10.6.8

Turning wifi on and off doesnt work. Neither does resetting my modem.

Any clues as to what this is?

User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 8:50 PM

3 replies

Jul 11, 2014 4:37 AM in response to Vien.tran

Is this a college Dorm? Have not seen that icon before - and in thinking about it and looking at some of the Air Port help - that may be someone else's network - as it has a name on it would look to see if there is someone close with same name. This may also be a computer to computer network as listed in the AirPort help.

According to help you can create a wireless network between 2 or more AirPort enabled computers without using an AirPort Base Stating - to share files, play games

Have you gone into Network preferences to see if that network is configured and you can remove it.

Does your roommate also have the same problem (if using a different computer)

wifi problems - weird play icon next to network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.