Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update iphone 4 to IOS 7.1.2..

After update my iphone4 to IOS 7.1.2, it became unstable and hangs a lot,

even simple applications are not working fine on it..

Please help me to get out of this, is there any way to restore my previous ver 7.1.1??

Please Help..

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 10:19 PM

5 replies

Jul 11, 2014 10:23 AM in response to Pykey08

Turn off Bluetooth. Swipe up on the unlocked Home screen to display the Control Panel and make sure that the Bluetooth icon is not white. When I have Bluetooth on, it really drains my battery quickly.

Also, check Settings>General and make sure that Background App Refresh is not turned on.

If you have Automatic Downloads turned on, you may want to turn them off.

Also, check Settings>Privacy>Location Services, and make sure that you have Location Service turned off for any apps that you don't need it on for. I only have Compass, Maps, Weather, Find My iPhone, and Starbucks turned on on my device out of, probably, 30 apps that want me to turn it on for them. Who needs it?

Cheers,

GB

Sep 1, 2014 2:25 PM in response to gail from maine

I read several threads and this seems the closest to the issue I am seeing. Not sure why some members say that others have jail broken their phone but it happened to me, as well.

I really didn't want to upgrade but clicked on OTA and thought nothing of it till it went into DFU mode. Then I knew all the info would be lost but I should have backed up first and/or never do OTA. But doing a manual upgrade did not fare any better since my iPhone 4 keeps rebooting.

Looking at the logs I saw a lot of Skype logs so I removed Skype. However the suggestion to "Reset" everything had a bit better results. Not using "FaceTime" gave a slight improvement (but I upgraded in hopes to renew the certificates).

FaceTime still does not work properly. It can receive and send out calls but fails to connect after confirmation.

Re-install and hard reset still leaves me with a race condition that causes the phone to reboot.

Seems that clicking the "wake" button or "wake" then "home" button can cause the phone to reboot. And the behavior seems to worsen with FaceTime and Skype. Not sure if I want to rip the phone apart to disconnect the battery, but have anyone seen this and have any suggestions?

Also why is it a hardware issue if the problem occurs after the upgrade?

Update iphone 4 to IOS 7.1.2..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.