Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mainstage 3 - how to have a visual metronome with accented beat

Hello,

Here's my situation. I have 12/8 bars and I need to play strings in arpeggio.

I have added and arpeggiator to the channel strip, and created a 12/8 pattern.

The tempo of the song is 220.

To correctly queue the song to my band members, I need a way of quietly visualizing the current tempo, with the accented first beat so that the arpeggio sounds correctly once I hit the chord.

Is there a way to create a visual display with lets say 4 buttons, so that the first button marks the 1/8, the second marks the 4/8, third marks the 7/8 and the fourth marks the 10/8?

I hope the question makes sense to somebody.

thanks in advance

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 8:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 1:13 AM

Hi

shaolin A1 wrote:

Is there a way to create a visual display with lets say 4 buttons, so that the first button marks the 1/8, the second marks the 4/8, third marks the 7/8 and the fourth marks the 10/8?

Not exactly what you want but:

A Screen Control Button mapped at Concert Level to Beat Count will flash on beat 1 (off on beat 2).

A Progress Meter mapped to Beat Count at Concert Level will flash on beat 1 and show progress through the rest of the bar.

User uploaded file

CCT

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2014 1:13 AM in response to shaolin A1

Hi

shaolin A1 wrote:

Not exactly what you want but:

A Screen Control Button mapped at Concert Level to Beat Count will flash on beat 1 (off on beat 2).

A Progress Meter mapped to Beat Count at Concert Level will flash on beat 1 and show progress through the rest of the bar.

User uploaded file

CCT

Jul 19, 2014 6:32 AM in response to shaolin A1

create an Aux channel (4) with input from bus 4. Send the metronome to bus 4 pre fader. Pull the metronome fader and aux 4 channel full down.

ccreate two buttons. Map beat count to one button, and aux 4 input level to the other. adjust the metronome bus 4 send until you get a crisp flash on the aux 4 button. Too high of a send level will make the flash appear muddy. Too low and it will be intermittent or nonexistent.

ill have to try adding the beat count meter to this setup. 🙂

Mainstage 3 - how to have a visual metronome with accented beat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.