Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My BootCamp Windows 7 is slower than Parallels 9

Hello,

I purchased a Mac Book Pro last week and setup a Parallels 9 VM for Windows 7 Ultimate. Today I also setup Windows 7 Ultimate Bootcamp with the expectation that it would be faster than parallels but my performance test shows that it's 14 seconds slower. Below are the results.

MBP Parallels Windows XP 1:28 min

MBP Parallels Windows 7 1:35 min

MBP BootCamp Windows 7 1:49 min

My 6 year old Dell Precision 4:32 min

It was my understanding that BootCamp would always out perform Parallels why am I getting these results?

The performance test was run at least 10 times in each environment. The performance test is a MS Access routine / algorithm that I run on a daily basis. It includes data reads and writes, calculations, VBA etc...

Thank you

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 9:32 PM

4 replies

Jul 12, 2014 8:41 AM in response to Rudegar

Rudegar,

When you experience pain in your forearm from extensive mouse use on the Mac which makes using OS-X quite unpleasant you will understand the motivation. I agree that most people do not use their mouse to the level of precision and speed that many of the users in the below link do. Also from the post it will become clear that Logitech Software cannot resolve this. It's a shame that because of the poor mice performance in OS-X I am basically considering returning a $4K machine which I admit is beautiful in every other way.

http://d43.me/blog/1205/the-cause-for-all-your-mac-os-x-mouse-annoyances/

BTW I love my iPhone so this is nothing related to Microsoft vs. Apple fanboy etc... I choose the best solution for my needs.

My BootCamp Windows 7 is slower than Parallels 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.