Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hardware Swap Compatibility Question….

Hello all,

I have a question pertaining to replacing hardware in a mid - late 2008 13" MacBook Aluminum Uni with a mid 2008 13" White MacBook. If I believe correctly when I sent my aluminum MacBook in repair because my 5 year old spilt liquids on it (fault of myself for not "keeping out of reach of children") and not knowing at the time that the Care Plan didn't cover liquid damage, the motherboard and power converter were damaged and the total for repairs was in the upper $700s. As much as I was bummed, I still had the wife's White body MacBook in which both were purchased new and figured I would just upgrade to a MacBook Pro. Well needless to say finances didn't allow for that for a good while. Anyway, I came across the Aluminum Uni-Body still in the box from when I received it back from Apple and I have a different White body 13" then I did at the time of the incident that I picked up for my kid from a neighbor and was wondering if I could swap out the damaged parts in the aluminum MacBook with the ones from his. Thanks in advance for any and all help and advice on this matter.

Regards,

Mike W.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 9:58 PM

There are no replies.

Hardware Swap Compatibility Question….

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.