Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data Execution Prevention crashes Itunes in Vista

I have tried to follow the directions in other threads or in the Apple help guide to this subject and the solutions do not work, or files they say should exist do not exist.

P

Please help me with a fresh or guided approach.

This issue just started with the last 11.2 version and it has carried over to the 11.3.

If there are third-party plugins (which I am unaware of) please help me find and zap them, if that is what is causing the problem.

I can open and operate I Tunes in safe mode but I should not have to do that. Thank you.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 9:35 PM

1 reply

Jul 14, 2014 8:07 AM in response to cookiecrumbs123

Hey there cookiecrumbs123,

It sounds like you are unable to open iTunes unless you are in Safe Mode on your PC. I would use the step in the following article to help resolve these issues you are seeing in iTunes. It starts off with troubleshooting for 3rd party plugins to boot!

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1717

Start iTunes in Safe Mode

Open iTunes in Safe Mode to isolate any interference from plug-ins or scripts not manufactured by Apple.

Hold down Shift–Control while opening iTunes. You should see a dialog that says "iTunes is running in safe mode" before iTunes finishes starting up.

Click Continue.

See if the issue you're experiencing persists in Safe Mode.

If you have the same issue while iTunes is in Safe Mode, proceed to the "Create a new user account" section. If you don't experience the same issue, follow these steps to remove third-party plug-ins.

The article has additional steps to help isolate the issue to being either system wide, or user specific with troubleshooting for each so if it is not a plug in causing it, there is more for you to try.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

Data Execution Prevention crashes Itunes in Vista

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.