Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird Sound when using the "thumbs up" icon in Facebook

My IPhone 4s is making a really weird sound. It happens ONLY when i press the "thumbs up" icon on the Facebook messenger. It almost sounds like a door is screaching and opening. At first i thought it was a new sound attached to the icon othe then the "pop" you hear when you send the "thumbs up" gesture. Anyone else come up with this problem?

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 10:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2017 1:00 PM

I have the same problem when in Messenger on my iMac, when I click on the thumbs up I get a weird sound that sound like a slow rising screech and then the thumb's up fails to post, went I click it a second time, it works. I read another post/fix for an Android phone doing it but not how to fix it on a computer/iMac. SO if anybody knows how to fix on my iMac, let me know!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2017 1:00 PM in response to joju2012

I have the same problem when in Messenger on my iMac, when I click on the thumbs up I get a weird sound that sound like a slow rising screech and then the thumb's up fails to post, went I click it a second time, it works. I read another post/fix for an Android phone doing it but not how to fix it on a computer/iMac. SO if anybody knows how to fix on my iMac, let me know!

Sep 7, 2017 7:29 PM in response to joju2012

yeah I also have this problem. it doesn't happen all the time, but when it does happen, it sounds like a lower frequency *whirr!* that increases in pitch for a couple seconds. at the end, it goes quiet, and the "thumbs up" icon does NOT appear. when I click the "thumbs up" icon immediately after this failed attempt, it works correctly.

Environment:

System: MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

Browser: Google Chrome 55.0.2883.95 (64-bit)

Weird Sound when using the "thumbs up" icon in Facebook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.