Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi a have a question, i have a MacBook Pro and i was thinking about change RAM and my MacBook Pro have insurance and i don't know if my Mac get damage about it the insurance cover me or i need solve the problem by myself. Some body know?

Hi a have a question, i have a MacBook Pro and i was thinking about change RAM and my MacBook Pro have insurance and i don't know if my Mac get damage about it the insurance cover me or i need solve the problem by myself. Some body know?

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 10:48 PM

3 replies

Jul 11, 2014 7:31 AM in response to Henry MB.

First, as BobTheFisherman points out, you may not be able to change the RAM depending on the MBP you have.

If your Mac's RAM can be changed by the user, the next question is what do you mean by insurance? If it's the Mac's original warranty or AppleCare's extended warranty, user-caused damage isn't going to be covered. If it's insurance that a credit card's issuing bank supplies with purchases, you'd need to look at the fine print on that coverage. Same would be true if you have some other kind of insurance, perhaps offered by the vendor you purchased the Mac from.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.