Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound on iTunes after downloading 11.3

My Mac is running OSX 10.8.5 and today I downloaded the iTunes update. After this downloaded, I have no sound even when playing music from my library. I have sound in Safari on YouTube and Facebook but nothing in iTunes.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 12:08 AM

7 replies

Jul 17, 2014 1:11 PM in response to GiltterMumma

i have the same problem, after updating iTunes 11.3 for Mac OS X in mi Mac Pro with OS X 10.9.4 i have no sound in any application, itunes, safari or any other audio app, and when i try to find an ouput source in system preferences it doesn´t appear any devices not even the internal speakers. What is the solution for this, i´ve tried everything?

Jul 18, 2014 9:02 AM in response to GiltterMumma

I attached USB speakers to my Mac before I booted the system this morning (I always shut down when not in use) - they showed up on the Sound option in System Preferences - with speaker control adjustment loud soft - so I double clicked them - closed the window -brought up ITUNES -NO SOUND - opened system preferences SOund and double clicked on Internal speakers and sound came up.

Was hoping - because they never showed before on this system the USB speakers would work - no such luck. (these are those pretty Apple crystal ball speakers that apple decided not to support at some point with newer systems - as they showed up hopped they would be supported. From Within Itunes posted the problem to ITUNES feedback.

In order to get the sound to the internal system - I did have to double click - not just highlight.

(am on snow leopard)

Aug 5, 2014 6:12 AM in response to notcloudy

I too was having this problem...

Not sure if you use Airplay at all to send iTunes to your Apple TV, but this is what was causing the issue for me. If you click on the Airplay icon to the right of the sound slider, you should see some options for Computer or Apple TV. I found the Computer volume slider here was all the way down.

Hope that helps!

🙂

No sound on iTunes after downloading 11.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.