Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera Roll Not Restoring from Previous Backup

Can anyone help?

Last May, I visited an apple store to replace a new iphone 5s "a" to a new one "b." i had bought "a" several days earlier - and it had a problem with its camera lens.

i backed up "a" at the store into icloud where we started a restore into "b", my new phone. The iCloud backup included 1600 images.

my camera roll never completely restored, which i didn't notice until yesterday when i went to archive my 2000 photos into dropbox because my phone says it had a memory problem. i actually had only 400+ photos and about 1550 blank placemark square as the photos never loaded.

i archived into dropbox those photos, deleted them and returned to the apple store today. we erased phone "b" and started a restore backup from "a" again, which had my 1600 photos.

while i was in the store, phone on wifi and plugged in, about 85 photos were restored and i deleted these 85 after backing them up into dropbox... WHILE the camera roll was restoring.

i went home, have the phone plugged in and even better wifi than that in the store and its been 5 hours with the downloading circle still "circling" but no further images replacing the blank square placemarks. The backup was interrrupted while i was commuting home.

there is 7.7 Gb avail and 5.1GB used on my phone with iOS 7.1.2

i have 15 GB total storage in iCloud and 6.5 available.

Genius said if i still had problems with the downloading of the photos into my camera roll to contact icloud support. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Rosemarie

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 10:28 PM

There are no replies.

Camera Roll Not Restoring from Previous Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.