Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How To Sample On The Fly in Logic X?

Hello Fellow Logicheads!

I used to be able to do this easily in Logic 9 using the "\" key.

Of course you can Flex > Sample > Control+click > and create slices at the transient points. But, I prefer to do it on the fly and this appears not to be an active option in Logic X (If I'm missing something or the function has migrated to another location, let me know!)

Thanks!!!

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 11:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 2:04 AM

Hi,

That Key Command has been changed to "Command + T" instead of "/".
Rest all is still the same 🙂

Regards,

4 replies

Jul 11, 2014 12:14 PM in response to Eriksimon

Thanks Eriksimon! That is a great, practical idea.

I found the proper command under "split". I deleted "Command-T", got the warning about another use of "\" function at a higher level, pressed "ok" figuring that the use of this key command here would be contextual vs the use elsewhere. Created new command using "\" as discussed.

Question: To the left of "Split Regions/Events at Playhead Position" I see a symbol which I presume is Logic's way of telling me that there are two functions with this key. Is that correct?

Also, I notice that under Key column there is a symbol next to the "\" - what does this symbol mean??

User uploaded file

Thanks for the help - great tip!

How To Sample On The Fly in Logic X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.