Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad 3 with a5x or ipad 4 with a6x?

So I'm thinking of buying an ipad but I'm not sure which one is right for me. I do tend to spend most of my day watching videos,playinf 3d games and etc. I don't need a very fast chip that can load my game in 5 sec but also not too slow. Charging doesn't really bother me at because i usaully have to plug-in my device most of the time. Is the a6x faster when charging? I moslty use my tablet to surf the web and play games such as gamelofts ''modern combat 3/4'' and also 5 when it comes out. I dont wan't a too fast experience but again not to slow. Most people say there isn't much of a difference but when gaming is there? Can both chips handle 2 programs running at the same time while delivering the same smooth gameplay when playing a game and what I mean is let's say I want to listen to some music and as well as play a 3d intense game. I don't think the a6x is twice as fast but just slighlty faster but not by much but I need some pros and cons to know which one i should pick.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 10:35 PM

6 replies

Jul 11, 2014 9:10 AM in response to GMC3-4player

Listening to music while playing is as simple as using a third party music app most of the time. Playing music is not processing intensive so you'll have no problem with that. I would recommend the iPad 4 just because it will be supported longer (aka more time to play games before you have to upgrade). I personally own every iPad model but the air and I have to say, it's worth the slight extra cost to get the iPad 4. There is a noticeable difference in the speed and capability of the device.

ipad 3 with a5x or ipad 4 with a6x?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.