Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which system file manages automount ?

Hi, I'd like to know which system file manages automount

because I get this error message at login, after entering password but before accessing the session:

User uploaded file

It comes whenever I open a local or network session, that's why I suppose it is due to a system file. This IP adress is an old internal server used for file sharing. It used to automount a network volume in the dock of network users. Now that server is disabled and i'd like to get rid of this request from the client.

Client is 10.9.4 migrated from 10.8.x. As a possible fix for this I tried to install the update combo hoping it would reset this but no.

Any indication would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 12:57 AM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2014 8:37 AM in response to AcierSoie

Step 1

Triple-click the line below to select it:

/System/Library/CoreServices/Directory Utility.app

Rght-click or control-click the highlighted text and select

Services Open

from the contextual menu.* The application Directory Utility will open.

In the Directory Utility window, select the Directory Editor tool in the toolbar. Select Mounts from the Viewing menu in the toolbar, and /Local/Default from the node menu, if not already selected. On the right is a list of names and values. By default, the list is empty. If it's not empty, post a screenshot of the window and stop here.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard (command-C). Open a TextEdit window and paste into it (command-V). Select the line you just pasted and continue as above.

Step 2

Open the following file as you did in the last step:

/etc/auto_master

It will open in a TextEdit window. The contents should be exactly this:

#
# Automounter master map
#
+auto_master # Use directory service
/net -hosts -nobrowse,hidefromfinder,nosuid
/home auto_home -nobrowse,hidefromfinder
/Network/Servers -fstab
/- -static

If there are any other lines in the window, post them. Otherwise, close the window.

Which system file manages automount ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.