Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s in Recovery Mode, Unable to get serial number or update OS due to Firmware.

Hey Guys,

Rrally stuck here, this is my old iPhone 4s that i had sold to a family friend, it has been working fine when i had it but since handing it over it seemed to keep resetting itself, it was on 7.1.1. They gave the phone back to me to do a restore from my back up on my mac, this i did and no problems but the new 7.1.2 was attempted to be installed.

I got the error (29) message at about 60% when installing but now its stuck in recovery mode. I am unable to get the serial number, they have the box and i can't get it off the recovery mode. Obviously the serial number is to chat to apple to try and resolve it, but if you have any suggestions I'm open.

Cheers

James

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 1:13 AM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2014 5:26 AM in response to JGullsy

Resolve iOS update and restore errors

Check for hardware issues

Related errors: 1, 3, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 1000, 1002, 1004, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1667, or 1669.

These errors mean that your device or computer may have a hardware issue that's preventing the update or restore from completing.

1. Check that your security software and settings aren't preventing your device from communicating with the Apple update server.
  2. Then try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good.
  3. Confirm that your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers.
  4. If you still see the error message when you update or restore, contact Apple support.

iPhone 4s in Recovery Mode, Unable to get serial number or update OS due to Firmware.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.