Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 15" Retina Windows 7 HDMI Resolution issue

Hello,

I have a late 2013 Macbook Pro 15" with Retina display running bootcamp with Windows 7.

I have connected the Macbook to an external HP w2448hc display using HDMI interface.

When booting to OS X 10.9.4, the resolution of the external display is set to 1920x1200 and it looks fine. See picture below:

User uploaded file

However, when booting to Windows 7 the resolution on the external display looks lower (although shows up as 1920x1200):

User uploaded file

I have another PC which I have connected to the same display with HDMI and the resolution also shows up as 1920x1200. However, in this case the resolution indeed looks as the correct one:

User uploaded file

Although not seen very well from the screen shots, both the PC and the Macbook Pro (with Windows 7) show the same resolution in the settings, but the desktop and icons under Macbook Pro (bootcamp) look bigger and with smaller resolution.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 2:11 AM

2 replies

Macbook Pro 15" Retina Windows 7 HDMI Resolution issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.