Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a unique problem

My daughter gave me her old ipad and had the name switched. I live in France and don't speak the language. I've tried to buy audio books and to make things easier my daughter bought an itunes gift card in Euro's but when I put the # in it doesn't work. I've been in touch about this and had no response!!!

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 1:15 AM

11 replies

Jul 11, 2014 5:58 AM in response to Broukledog

You said in your first post that you had been in touch with someone. If that was iTunes Support then how long ago was it (and you've checked the spam folder on your email account as well as the inbox) - it can take up to 24 hours for them to reply.

If it's been longer than that, and you've tried possible alternatives for the character in the code (as far as I know they only contains alphanumeric characters, not any special symbols), then try contacting iTunes Support again (you will probably need to give them images of the front and back of the card, and possibly its receipt) : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/ - click on Contact iTunes Store Support on the right-hand side of the page, then iTunes Cards And Codes

Jul 11, 2014 8:08 AM in response to Broukledog

How to enter Euro - format - from Wikipedia Article Euro sign

on Us layout it is Option + Shift + 2

Placement of the sign also varies. Partly since there are no

In many other countries, including France, Germany, Italy and Spain, an amount such as €3.50 is often written as 3,50 € instead, largely in accordance with conventions for previous currencies and the way amounts are read aloud.

I have a unique problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.