Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Amazon instant video Prime app won't download on iPad

My Amazon instant video app (Amazon Prime) disappeared and when I try reinstalling it from App Store, it doesn't give me the button to download it. There's no FREE or OPEN button to select. How do I get it back on my iPad? I'm an Amazon Prime member and up until a few days ago, I've used the Amazon Prime app to watch films on my iPad With no problem.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 1:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 1:36 AM

Do you currently have an app age rating set in Settings > General > Restrictions > Apps (under the 'allowed content' heading) on your iPad that is hiding the app from your iPad's home screens and/or stopping you redownloading it - the app is rated 12+ here in the UK store.

2 replies

Jul 12, 2014 2:14 AM in response to blf006

Thanks for your help King Penguin. I disabled restrictions and although it didn't solve the issue, it may have helped. What solved it was going to Settings, General, Usage and deleting the Amazon Prime app from there. Even though it wasn't showing on my desktop, it appeared there. Then I updated my OS software version which I had a reminder to do, then when I searched for the app in the App Store I was able to download it. Many thanks for replying!

Amazon instant video Prime app won't download on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.