Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Jambox stops playing, iTunes opens.

So the Big Jambox allows multiple (two, I think..) devices to connect at the same time, which on the face of it is a great idea. However, in my office we have multiple devices which all have the ability to connect (and connect they do, automatically). So far so good. But if one person is connected and happily playing something via the Jambox, all it takes is for whichever other device is connected to play any kind of audio (even an email notification) and chaos ensues. First of all, audio stops on the connected device. Second of all, the person who was connected has iTunes open up randomly. iTunes doesn't even play anything, it just opens. Oh hai iTunes! Third of all, silence.

The only solution so far has been to manually disconnected the offending device from the Jambox. Which is a bummer. Especially because all other devices then take their opportunity to jump aboard the Jambox and the issue will, eventually, happen again. Also if you're using an app like Spotify to jam music, that then requires a restart. Faff.

Anyone else having this problem? Any definite solutions? Can the multiple device thing be turned off? Although the multi-device stuff *sounds* useful I'm now struggling to see it's worth since it clearly only allows one device to actually play music.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 2:26 AM

1 reply

Jambox stops playing, iTunes opens.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.