Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect a time capsule to a mobile hotspot

I Was thinking of buying a time capsule to boost my range and speed but I have a mobile hotspot for a modem. You can't connect any ethernet cables to it. Is there anyway to connect to it wirelessly?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 1:43 AM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2014 2:24 AM in response to King40505

Airport routers cannot work as repeaters to any wireless routers other than Apple.. it is fairly incestous. Apple and apple work.. nothing else does.

As a reason to buy a Time Capsule.. I would point out even if it was an excellent repeater it is far more suited to its role as router and network Time Machine storage target.. it is hard to refer to it as a NAS.

Just buy a standard wireless repeater.. it will be a fraction of the price of the Apple and will work.

You can do one trick to make the apple work.. that is to use an airport express as a wireless to ethernet bridge and then use the TC as bridged AP. So you need two routers to do the work of one repeater.

How to connect a time capsule to a mobile hotspot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.