Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error: Cisco WebEx addon is damaged while installing

I keep getting message Cisco WebEx addon is damaged while installing after the download. This happened after 10.9.3 update. Any suggestions?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 2:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 7:30 AM

I had this problem too. What you need to do before running the installation is go to System Preferences>Security & Privacy and, in the 'General' tab, go to the bottom section ("Allow apps downloaded from:") and select the option "Anywhere". Now run the installation, you'll be prompted to verify if you want the installation process to continue.

For security purposes, after finishing the installation, go back to Security & Privacy in System Preferences and change back the option in the "Allow apps downloaded from:" section of the 'General' tab to either "Mac App Store and identified developers" or "Mac App Store", according to your preference.

Hope this helps.

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2014 7:30 AM in response to abdul rahiman

I had this problem too. What you need to do before running the installation is go to System Preferences>Security & Privacy and, in the 'General' tab, go to the bottom section ("Allow apps downloaded from:") and select the option "Anywhere". Now run the installation, you'll be prompted to verify if you want the installation process to continue.

For security purposes, after finishing the installation, go back to Security & Privacy in System Preferences and change back the option in the "Allow apps downloaded from:" section of the 'General' tab to either "Mac App Store and identified developers" or "Mac App Store", according to your preference.

Hope this helps.

User uploaded file

Error: Cisco WebEx addon is damaged while installing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.