Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I may have just downloaded something bad from a link I clicked on - how can I run a check?

Received an email from someone I know into my hotmail account so looked ok and trusted. The email contained a link and the wording in the email stated that the person had sent me a 'hi5 notification' - to see the detail click the link. Stupidly I did, and was then presented with the login page again requesting me to enter my password - which I did. All I then got to see was the BBC homepage.

I think I've been a bit dumb! I have changed the hotmail password but am now worried I have downloaded something to my Macbook. I don't have a virus program on my Mac as I don't emulate windows. Any advice and is there anyway I can run a check?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 3:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 4:05 AM

Examine this extract from The Safe Mac web site:

http://www.thesafemac.com/mmg/

Ciao.

3 replies

I may have just downloaded something bad from a link I clicked on - how can I run a check?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.