Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have a old 2006 modle macbook 15 inch the A1150 i believe with core duo processor can change or replace that with a intel core duo 2 processor ?

it,s a 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo

memory 2 GB 533 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

is there some kind of way i can upgrade that to a Intel Core Duo 2 processor

or is it just a batle i cant win ?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 3:43 AM

3 replies

Jul 11, 2014 6:17 PM in response to nizzlenel1988

You should be able to get a used or repaired MacBook 13/15-inch core2duo 2.0+GHz near

$350 or so, in working condition with some kind of limited warranty or guaranty. Companies

like macsales, wegenermedia, powerbookmedic, powermax and others offer previously

owned Macs that are not current models. Older, to vintage or obsolete; those who some-

times have the better deal on those also can repair most all Macs and have parts.

The effort to swap out a logic board (and then what? the

other parts likely won't match) isn't hardly worth the effort.

You may be able to find an early MacBook (circa 2006 to 2010 era) that needs minor work,

and troubleshoot/repair it with a DIY guide online... But that can be a gamble if you mess

up things that were not wrong in the first place, while learning on the job. It could cost plenty.

Some companies can sell you used parts, no guarantees on matching an incorrect logic

board with a diffferent build model spec computer's other original configuration. You'd do

better if you found someone selling their old MacBook Core2Duo, nearby, & could see it run.

I have a MacBook 13-inch coreduo 1.83GHz first-edition; an early core2duo won't do much

more than the coreduo. Snow Leopard is better than Lion in several ways; if you have older

software you already own that works, from the PowerPC era -- that can save you money.

Good luck in any event, & happy computing! 🙂

i have a old 2006 modle macbook 15 inch the A1150 i believe with core duo processor can change or replace that with a intel core duo 2 processor ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.