Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beyond repair

I have an iPhone 4S, updated to 7.1.2, suddenly emptying the battery very quickly. I have turned off most things using the battery, and discovered that I cannot turn the iPhone off! When I turn it off, it turns itself on again immediately - all the time!

I have tried to reinstall the phone through iTunes, but no... It still consumes lots of battery power, and is impossible to turn it off.

Is it possible to have it repaired? Or do I have to accept that I have to charge it a couple of times every day - or get a new one...?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 4:30 AM

5 replies

Beyond repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.