Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iTunes keep saying billing information when the game i want to get is free?

It has started to bother me, on why iTunes keeps saying billing information when the game i want to get is free? I don't get it, is th egame actually money needed or is there something wrong. Plese help me.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 3:48 AM

5 replies

Jul 11, 2014 6:32 AM in response to Csound1

I'm not sure it is so much the account holder as verifying eligibility to download. Use of a country's store requires valid billing information for that country which appears to be the way you demonstrate you are resident of that country's store. Without this information you could have somebody from one country downloading free apps from another country's store but those apps may not be licensed for use in the first country.

Jul 12, 2014 2:45 AM in response to Armita AK

Hey!

You can most certainly download it without billing information, that is if you infact enter it first of all. The billing is jsut to verify your location and eligibility for apps.

Add your billing information to log in once

Then you can go to your account payment details and select 'None' from the account management in iTunes

-xQt

Why does iTunes keep saying billing information when the game i want to get is free?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.