Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating to iOS 7.2 iPhone 4S, no working iPhone anymore

Hi guys,

Yesterday appeared a notification on my iPhone 4S for iOS update.

What I remember is first version of update 7.1 which was around 23 MB. I updated to the 7.1. After that appeared another version for update which was 7.2. So, I updated again to the last version which was 7.2. After finishing the update, the iPhone was restarting and turned off !

When tried to turn it on, it does not worked and appears a message (Picture message) that connect your iPhone to iTunes. When I connected to iTunes, it says you should restore yours to its original settings !!!!!!!!!

What the **** is going on ? If I restore it, I would lose all my datas !!!

User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 3:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 4:05 AM

After restoring to factory settings, you can restore your data from your last backup.

1. Try restoring with iTunes:
    1. Connect the device to your computer and open iTunes.
    2. If the device appears in iTunes, select and click Restore on the Summary pane. Learn more about restoring iOS software: Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings
    3. If the device doesn't appear in iTunes, try to force the device into recovery mode, and then restore it. If you can't update or restore your iOS device http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1808
  2. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, contact Apple.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2014 4:05 AM in response to Sayedakbar

After restoring to factory settings, you can restore your data from your last backup.

1. Try restoring with iTunes:
    1. Connect the device to your computer and open iTunes.
    2. If the device appears in iTunes, select and click Restore on the Summary pane. Learn more about restoring iOS software: Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings
    3. If the device doesn't appear in iTunes, try to force the device into recovery mode, and then restore it. If you can't update or restore your iOS device http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1808
  2. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, contact Apple.

Updating to iOS 7.2 iPhone 4S, no working iPhone anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.