Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Im worried is this fake or real Im worried about using the link as it looks suspect

Hi Please advise

Ive had two emails today apparently from ITunes saying someone tried to get into my iTunes login from another device and my account is now locked and that i need to click on a link to reset it, is this real or not, the email address that is came from looks suspect too it comes from the address below: app.accnt.cmd.uk.info.17221fghddfze61932@epix.net

Your Apple ID was used to sign in to FaceTime and iMessage on an iPhone 4 named "Ali iPhone 4".
Date and Time: July 11, 2014, 2:16 AM BST
Operating System: iPhone OS,7.1.1,11D202
To prevent any unauthorised use of your account, your Apple ID was automatically locked. You are not allowed to update your iPhone/iPad software, Shop the iTunes Store, use iCloud or buy from the Apple Online Store until you unlock your account.
If you wish to unlock your Apple ID now click here .
This is an automated message. Please do not reply to this email.
Thank you,
Apple Support

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 4:45 AM

5 replies

Jul 12, 2014 2:05 PM in response to notcloudy

I got something similar a few months ago. There were several things which raised a red flag for me:

1. In looking at the e-mail the letter was sent to I noticed it was sent to an e-mail address I have never used with my iTunes account. That account was for a specific situation having nothing to do with iTunes.

2. The letter informed me that if I did not respond my account would be destroyed or some such silliness. Definitely language I have never seen in any Apple correspondence electronic or otherwise.

3. Some of the phrasing seemed to me to be common in translations from Russian (or similar) to English.

4. Numerous grammatical erros.

Have to admit it worried me a bit till I noticed the anomalies.

Im worried is this fake or real Im worried about using the link as it looks suspect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.