Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

google maps and ford sync

When using my Google maps and Ford sync Bluetooth I no longer am able to get voice prompted directions. Any suggestions.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 5:53 AM

4 replies

Aug 24, 2014 2:39 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Turn by turn directions will work if you switch the output (Airplay) to iPhone instead of SYNC. It even works when I'm listening to music from my iPod through USB. The music is muted and the turn by turn directions are heard through the car's speakers. I'm not sure why it works that way and not when the output is set to SYNC but I'm definitely glad I stumbled onto that solution one day by accident.

Just set things up as you normally would with your iPhone connected to your car through Bluetooth then switch Airplay from SYNC to iPhone. Now you won't miss any Google Maps voice prompts.

Hope this helps

Aug 25, 2014 1:31 PM in response to rjcjr52

Turn by turn directions will work if you switch the output (Airplay) to iPhone instead of SYNC. It even works when I'm listening to music from my iPod through USB. The music is muted and the turn by turn directions are heard through the car's speakers. I'm not sure why it works that way and not when the output is set to SYNC but I'm definitely glad I stumbled onto that solution one day by accident.

Just set things up as you normally would with your iPhone connected to your car through Bluetooth then switch Airplay from SYNC to iPhone. Now you won't miss any Google Maps voice prompts.

Hope this helps

google maps and ford sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.