Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't connect my contacts to my google account

I have MacBook Air running on OS X version 10.9.3. Each time I go into contacts I get a pop up saying contact can't connect to my google account and asks me to insert my user password. I've checked this and entered in the appropriate box. I don't get a message telling me that the password is wrong just the pop up coming up again. I've exhausted my ideas for a solution. Any suggestions gratefully received. Richard

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 5:47 AM

9 replies

Jul 11, 2014 10:37 AM in response to rjsw15

rjsw15

Dispensing with the Hardware and OS which you have already stated...

What is the exact flow of steps you are taking?

For example

1. I open SomeProgram or I goto SomeWebsite
  2. I do this or that
  3. the result is (take a screen shot - COMMAND+SHIFT+3) and post it in your reply [see camera tool above in the compose window]

If we are better able to follow along in our minds, we can help better.

CCC

Jul 25, 2014 7:10 AM in response to GravitasBis

GravitasBis wrote:

I have the exact same problem as mentioned above. I do use Google's 2-step authentication. Should I turn that off temporarily?

If you are using it and want to keep using it then you must supply both factors when you connect to your calendar (or anything else Google). Your password will not be enough. Did you not read the directions Google supplied when you turned it on?

can't connect my contacts to my google account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.