Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone5 doesn't work after latest software update. Help?

I installed the latest software update two days ago. It worked fine all day. I plugged it in to charge when I went to bed and when I woke up (late I might add because the alarm on my phone didn't go off), my phone was dead. Not battery dead, phone dead. At the moment it is nothing more than a very expensive paperweight. Was it a bunk update? Am I the only one having this problem?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 6:09 AM

8 replies

Jul 28, 2014 9:29 AM in response to KiltedTim

Well - I went to Apple twice (I live 3 hrs from it) and they did nothing but wanted to sell me a new phone (my contract is not up yet). So did get a new battery from a third party taking the risk. I did all the permutations mentioned in this forum - the phone is holding the charge only a few hours. It is not one of the apps, because I restored the phone to factory settings without anything on it and it is still basically dead. My bubble about Apple has certainly burst.

Jul 28, 2014 9:55 AM in response to KiltedTim

Thank you - no idea what that is, but why would it die within a few hours of the update and Apple wouldn't have a clue? My only option might now be to go back to the local cyberstore. But I am afraid that by the time he is done, I have spent as much as Apple wanted for a new iPhone 5. I still can't believe the Apple doesn't stand behind its product 1 ½ years old.

Jul 28, 2014 10:22 AM in response to firmamentfarm

They do stand behind them. The warranty is one year. 1. Not 1 1/2. They offered you a heavily discounted out of warranty replacement phone, probably because they KNEW it wasn't the battery OR a software problem. You chose to decline that and go a different route. Now you've forfeited your ability to get the phone replace or serviced by Apple at all.

Live and learn.

iPhone5 doesn't work after latest software update. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.