Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tried to restore my iPod touch4 but iTunes shows "This device isn't eligible for requested build" so what can I do ?

I tried to restore my iPod touch4 but iTunes shows "This device isn't eligible for requested build" so what can I do ?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 6:15 AM

2 replies

Jul 15, 2014 10:31 AM in response to lllaass

I tried this way to set up hosts and restart my Mac but when I going to restore my iPod touch4 ,it still shows "This device isn't eligible for requested build"

Thanks for replied me

if anyone has same problem to open their hosts file,here is a short video and you have to type "sudo nano /private/etc/hosts" ,not "sudo nano/private/etc/hosts",remember there is a space between "nano_/private"

This video helps a lot which I just found and it is much easier to fix this problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHb1vdU6ReM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.