Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will I find a better deal than this?

I currently have a deal on Best Buy that will allow me $200 off the standard $999 Macbook Air 13" 128gb. My total price with tax would be $866.

Could I find this air cheaper anywhere else on events like Black Friday? Or should I jump on this deal asap?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 7:52 AM

I wouldn't buy anything other than a candy bar from Best Buy and there are better places to buy a candy bar.

There are a disproportionate number of complaints on this site involving Macs purchased from Best Buy for reasons that are not entirely clear.

Shop the Apple Online Store and the Refurbished & Clearance store. Compare what Best Buy is peddling to Apple's prices. Make sure Best Buy isn't selling you an open box, returned, or discontinued item, and then choose wisely.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2014 7:52 AM in response to mbuccheri

I wouldn't buy anything other than a candy bar from Best Buy and there are better places to buy a candy bar.

There are a disproportionate number of complaints on this site involving Macs purchased from Best Buy for reasons that are not entirely clear.

Shop the Apple Online Store and the Refurbished & Clearance store. Compare what Best Buy is peddling to Apple's prices. Make sure Best Buy isn't selling you an open box, returned, or discontinued item, and then choose wisely.

Jul 11, 2014 8:28 AM in response to mbuccheri

If you can get a new machine from Best Buy it will be the same as one bought from Apple. Sadly many of the machines Best Buy sells have already been sold at least once. Best Buys after sales and general customer service is hilariously bad and their tech skills with a Mac apparently non existent.

Be very careful what you leave the store with

Jul 11, 2014 10:41 AM in response to mbuccheri

As I wrote the reasons for all the Best Buy problems aren't entirely clear, but I can confirm their sales advice is abysmal and their technical knowledge is nonexistent. If you decide to shop there you'll be rewarding incompetence, and if all you want to do is save a few dollars you may find you can get the exact same deal from Apple, or more competent resellers.

Even Amazon would be a better choice than Best Buy. Shipping is probably free, sales tax might not apply, and their return policy is generous.

Other than that no one here can find out what the lowest possible price can be any better than you can on your own, but if that turns out to be Best Buy I still wouldn't go there, ever.

Will I find a better deal than this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.