Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HTML page when I share my connection

Hi,

When I share my connection with my Mac (preference system > sharing internet), I wanna create a webpage to make rules.
When a person connect on my Mac, this page is open.

How can I make do that please ?

Thanks 🙂

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 7:38 AM

3 replies

Jul 11, 2014 7:50 AM in response to Calalin

You can't without a lot of work.

You appear to be talking about a 'captive portal', that is not supported by internet sharing.

You would probably be better of using a router that could run captive portal software. There is captive portal software but it is mostly for other OS's. This type of networking is best done on a device designed for that purpose (or use a RaspberryPi!).

Jul 11, 2014 8:28 AM in response to Calalin

No it is not designed for that & I have not seen any software designed to make it possible on OS X.

You are asking for low level changes to the built in networking. OS X is not intended for this. A proxy is more likely what you want, but that is also usually done on a device that is designed for that task.

Your Mac will run many linux distro's if you really want to turn it into a captive portal or proxy server, but that is a waste of a money since a cheap PC can run linux & do this.

Choose the right tool for the job.

HTML page when I share my connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.