Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad UK OOW site not working...?

I'm trying to use the OOW replacement service for a cracked iPad screen. I follow the UK Apple site links, which lead to this page -

https://getsupport.apple.com/GetParts.action

but then I get this error message when I enter postal address -

'Service is not available in this location. Please choose another solution. (addrapi.08)'

I've been trying for days, but Apple simply don't seem to have a working UK page for the OOW replacement service. Any advice? Many thanks

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 8:09 AM

Take it to an Apple Store they will sell an OoW replacement over the counter

9 replies

Jul 11, 2014 8:20 AM in response to Ben Johnston

By far the simplest way ,make an appointment to avoid a lengthy wait and if possible back up and or remove all data

Your's will go and you get an OoW exchange device over the counter

see this

What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

and this

iCloud: Find My iPhone Activation Lock in iOS 7

see the item on having device serviced and Activation lock

Jul 23, 2014 10:23 PM in response to Ben Johnston

I just got the same issue for an in warranty iPhone repair - there seems to be a problem with the Apple repair website in general. I sorted it by using their live chat system which was very quick and they booked the phone in for collection. I resent having to waste half a day of my time driving to the Apple store which is a good 60 mins round trip for me, and I generally find the 14 year-old staff to be arrogant and patronising. My not-very-local store also insists on advance appointments which I find outrageous for a warranty repair - imagine having to book ahead to take something back to any other store. Anyway... I digress... live chat works and gives the same service as the broken automated system.

User uploaded file

iPad UK OOW site not working...?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.