Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When downloading Garageband 11 I get a pop up that says I must be connected to the internet. I am wirelessly connected. Do I have to be cable connected to import the Garageband upgrade?

When downloading Garage band 11, I get a pop up that says I must be connected to the internet. I am wirelessly connected. Do I have to be cable connected to import the Garage band upgrade?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 7:27 AM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2014 7:40 AM in response to radiorev

Do I have to be cable connected to import the Garage band upgrade?

A Wi-Fi connection should suffice, if it is a stable and fast connection.

Do you mean, you see this error, when you are trying to install an upgrade from the App Store? The problem can be, that GarageBand cannot connect to the Store, because a firewall or antivirus software are interfering. Disable temporarily any firewall or anti virus filter. Also change the Energy Saver settings, so your mac will not fall asleep and cause timeouts.

Can you connect to the store at all? If you try to buy a free app?

What is your current GarageBand version? And which version are you trying to download?

When downloading Garageband 11 I get a pop up that says I must be connected to the internet. I am wirelessly connected. Do I have to be cable connected to import the Garageband upgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.