Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't enroll iPad serial in Device Enrollment Program (DEP)

Background: I work for a school district that is signed up with the Apple Device Enrollment Program and we use Meraki as our MDM. It is a great program and has helped us better manage our devices. I understand that only devices purchased directly from Apple can be enrolled in DEP; we only buy our iPads directly from Apple.

I recently had to send in an iPad with a bad logic board directly to Apple for repair. I completely expected Apple to just replace the unit (pretty much a standard 'repair' for them) and they did. However, the new iPad has a different serial # and now it won't enroll with DEP. I asked the regular Apple tech chat but they weren't much help, all they did was redirect me to their Educational Department.

In the future, I would prefer not to jump through so many hoops to get things resolved (which it still isn't at the moment). Have any of you guys shared this same experience and have any quick contacts or better process to resolve this issue? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Al

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 7:32 AM

1 reply

Can't enroll iPad serial in Device Enrollment Program (DEP)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.