Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PPTx Movies created in Mavericks/PPT 2011 fail in windows ppt 2010

I have created PowerPoint presentations on my iMac mavericks 10.9.4 using PowerPoint 2011 14.4.3. I have used, on different attempts, both embedded and linked files in .MOV, .AVI. and .MP4 formats. All of these play just great on my Mac using PPT 2011.

The problem comes when I take this same presentation to a Windows version PPT 2010 (fully updated bot OS and Office) with Quicktime installed. None of these versions will open the movie, regardless of which method (Embed or Link) was used with any of the three format videos. They all come up that Quicktime will not play the movie. These same movies will play fine in the Windows machine if I just click directly on the movie file. It is the exact same video file that the PPT presentation is linked to.

I have a presentation that has to go out to multiple users on DVD and I do not know which computer, Apple of PC, they will use to view it. I have also created a Keynote presentation of the same file for those who have Apples but not PPT 2011 on their system.

What is the secret to making one presentation which includes video files that will successfully play on both Apple and PC systems?

My fall back position is to create a DVD using iDVD so that they can view things on either system using VLC or or their regular DVD player but the resolution suffers a bit when I do this (older analog TVs are the norm) for the viewers.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 8:05 AM

There are no replies.

PPTx Movies created in Mavericks/PPT 2011 fail in windows ppt 2010

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.