Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help!

so i got my mac about a month ago and i've tried installing flash multiple times, now everytime i get to the very end it stops and says that i have to close safari i do and then refresh and once i have closed safari it still says that it has not been closed, does anyone know what's wrong?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 7:55 AM

4 replies

Jul 11, 2014 8:54 AM in response to caitlin_quach

Unlike with Windows, clicking on the red button does not normally "quit" the application. The application (Safari, in this case) is still running - you just closed one of its windows. To quit the application you have to select "Quit" from the File menu (or command-q, or quit from the dock, etc.).

You can tell the application is still running after you close its window if its name (e.g., "Safari") appears next to the Apple. The little indicator light under its Dock icon would be lit as well.

In my experience with the Adobe Flash installer, when it asks you to quit something you can actually click on the little picture of the application in question and the installer will quit it for you.

-charlie

help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.