Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast won't show up on iTunes

I'm having a hard time getting my podcast to show up on iTunes. It works fine on Stitcher.

2 weeks ago I contacted support after 1.5 months of trying on my own. I complied with their suggestions and resubmitted again. Still nothing is showing up and not a word from the Podcast reviewers.

Here's my feed:

http://gunshowtrader.com/feed/podcast/

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 8:13 AM

There is no technical problem with your feed; I was able to subscribe to it in iTunes and download and play the latest episode perfectly well. When you submit it to the Store do you get any error message?

The only possible problem is that you have a single category, 'Hobbies' - this isn't one of the top level categories, but a sub-category of 'Games & Hobbies' so that your tags should look like this:

<itunes:category text=“Games &amp; Hobbies”>

<itunes:category text="Hobbies” />

</itunes:category>

I wouldn't have expected that having the wrong category would get you rejected, but I suppose it's possible. If your podcast was examined and then rejected you should get an email telling you so (though not giving a reason), so make sure any such message isn't getting spam trapped.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2014 8:13 AM in response to SpidermanPuddin

There is no technical problem with your feed; I was able to subscribe to it in iTunes and download and play the latest episode perfectly well. When you submit it to the Store do you get any error message?

The only possible problem is that you have a single category, 'Hobbies' - this isn't one of the top level categories, but a sub-category of 'Games & Hobbies' so that your tags should look like this:

<itunes:category text=“Games &amp; Hobbies”>

<itunes:category text="Hobbies” />

</itunes:category>

I wouldn't have expected that having the wrong category would get you rejected, but I suppose it's possible. If your podcast was examined and then rejected you should get an email telling you so (though not giving a reason), so make sure any such message isn't getting spam trapped.

Jul 11, 2014 12:10 PM in response to SpidermanPuddin

I'm having similar problems. Received my "acceptance" email earlier this week, and received no error messages. The iTunes listing states "Total: 7 Items", but none of the items are shown. When I click the "Subscribe" button, there's no error message--but I don't get a "Subscribe" message either! My feed's http://twomaverix.com/?feed=podcast, and I've checked it twice on validator.org. I'm using Blubrry as a host. What else do we need to do?

Jul 11, 2014 12:26 PM in response to OverCoffeePodcast

You've fallen over a long-standing and intermittent bug in the Store where it claims to be showing the correct number of items but in fact isn't showing any, although all the episodes appear when subscribing (I was able to subscribe and see all the episodes). There isn't really anything you can do about this as the problem lies with the Store, not your feed; it usually sorts itself out in a few days.

Podcast won't show up on iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.