Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot scroll in Finder

I can scroll using the mouse/mousepad in every application except Finder, in which I can apparently no longer do so.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mo.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 8:25 AM

3 replies

Jul 11, 2014 1:30 PM in response to MofromVancouver

Try this suggestion by tbirdvet

Did you try the "scrolling with inertia"?. I really think this has solved the issue for me as it has been several days now and no issues. Go to preferences, accessibility, mouse options and make it show scrolling with inertia. You can also adjust the speed by moving the slider if you find it too fast.

Re: Scrolling jams in Mail after Mavericks install...

Jul 11, 2014 8:19 PM in response to dianeoforegon

Diane,

Thanks,

Unfortunately, that hasn't resolved this. Perhaps I should not have posted this in the Maverick section (although I do have the latest OS and updates). As I mentioned, the problem is ONLY in Finder. It is fine in all other apps, e.g Safari, Mail, etc. Mouse and trackpad options make no difference, unfortunately.

Sincerely,

Mo.

Jul 12, 2014 9:30 AM in response to MofromVancouver

I'm not sure if this will help but it's easy to try.

Go to the User's Library folder. It's hidden by default. Select the Finder in the Dock. Under Go in the Menu bar > hold down the Option key and you’ll see the Library.

Scroll to Prefrences

Drag the com.apple.finder.plist to the Desktop

Log out under the Apple in the Menu bar.

Test scrolling. If this works you can delete the plist on the Desktop.

If this fails, Log out and Log into Guest User.

Can you scroll in Finder in Guest.

I cannot scroll in Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.