Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Word and Outlook after 10.9.4 update

I just updated to 10.9.4, and now Word and Outlook won't open. Word keeps closing when I try to launch it, and Outlook says it's updating without progressing. How can I fix this?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 8:30 AM

8 replies

Jul 11, 2014 7:32 PM in response to Eric Root

I did this, BUT I don't think I had to. Try this, It worked for me! Press the "option" key and hold while clicking on the outlook icon. It will bring up a screen pop-up. Click on "Main Identity" and click on "rebuild" at the bottom. It took about 10 min to load, but eventually outlook opened and all of my old folders and emails were there...whew! Good luck!

Jul 14, 2014 6:36 AM in response to Diana_NC

I have followed the steps outlined to uninstall Office 2011, but when I try to reinstall the software I get an "installation failure" error. I'm still in limbo without access to necessary applications.

I've been reading the Microsoft forum for Office 2011 for Mac but haven't found anything helpful yet.

Thanks for any other suggestions you might have.

Problems with Word and Outlook after 10.9.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.