Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad disabled connect to itunes

I am having iPad Air, unfortunately my youngest son entered passcode several time and now ipad is locked. I tries everything to unlock it but nothing seems to be working. I tried below mentioned recovery method as well but this is also not working

• Connect the USB cable used to sync your device to your computer, but do not connect it to your iPhone.
  • Turn your iPhone off by holding down the sleep/hold button in the top right corner until the slider appears at the top. Slide it. If your phone won't respond to that, hold the sleep/wake button and the home button together until the screen goes dark.
  • When the phone is off, hold down the home button and connect the USB cable (which should still be attached to your computer) to the dock connector. The iPhone will turn on and display the Apple logo. Keep holding the home button until the iTunes logo/USB cable appear on the screen. You can let it go then. The phone is now in recovery mode.
  • If the red empty battery icon appears onscreen, let the phone charge for a few minutes and then restart this process.
  • When the phone is in recovery mode, a window will pop up in iTunes saying that the phone is in recovery mode and needs to be restored.

When perform this procedure message pops up on my laptop screen that ipad cannot be connected first enter the passcode on ipad than connect. Is there any thing I can do to restore the password or at least reset the ipad to factory setting.

Thanks

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 8:46 AM

2 replies

Jul 11, 2014 8:53 AM in response to nahmed.riyadh

Have you tried this?

Use Find My iPhone

If you enabled Find My iPhone, you can use it to erase your device.

1. Go to icloud.com/#find to see if you enabled Find My iPhone.
  2. Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.
  3. Select your device and click "Erase [device]" to erase your device and its passcode.
  4. Use the Setup Assistant on your device to restore the most recent backup of your device.

iPad disabled connect to itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.