Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notes.app craches after all attempts to fix it

Hello everyone

This is without precedent. I've searched the web and tried all solution but the Notes.app keeps crashing after upgrading to 7.1.2 (ipad 3).

I've tried:

1. Terminating it through the switcher and relaunching it

2. Terminating it through the switcher + switching the device off on

3. Terminating it through the switcher + Hard reset (Both sleep and home buttons pushed for 15 sec)

4. Terminating it through the switcher + General>Reset>Reset all settings

5. General>Reset>Reset all setting and erase all content without restoring back up

6. Tried again with a back up

7. Tried again without setting any iCloud account so that it doesn't sync any notes from the itunes nor from iCloud

8. Been renaming/changing all my notes in case of one causing the crash but case 7. makes it irrelevant

9. Restore and chose Set a New iPad, no iCloud account, no nothing, and still crashing

Im pretty much an advanced user, used to fix my own stuff as for recovering a restriction password for exemple but that.... is one study case. Has anyone a clue?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 9:08 AM

8 replies

Jul 11, 2014 10:19 AM in response to bobseufert

Hello bob

thank you for the heads up, unfortunately I tried both Siri and Spotlight search, I just forgot to mention it :s

found a tutorial that deals with notes.db aka a corrupt database.

I wonder then how come a reset to factory settings didn't fix that. I'm now trying this method. Will keep this post updated. In the meantime if you have ideas, shoot me (:

Jul 18, 2014 4:09 AM in response to bobseufert

hello

So I have tried al methods described before. I've also tried the one about corrupt database : I deleted the .sqlfile in the notes.app folder, i've also reset all cache, rebooted there and there. There's nothing to do, it just keeps crashing upon opening.

I got one last try at this , which would be to manually reinstall the app by copying/pasting a stock notes.app from another ipad or from a ipsw. Do you know where I could find such a thing or how I could extract notes.app from the firmware file ?

Thank you in advance

Jul 18, 2014 2:54 PM in response to peytonkelvin

Try this - Reset the iPad by holding down on the Sleep and Home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons. (This is equivalent to rebooting your computer.) No data/files will be erased. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430

iOS 7: Help with how to fix a crashing app on iPhone, iPad (Mini), and iPod Touch

http://teachmeios.com/help-with-how-to-fix-a-crashing-app-on-iphone-ipad-mini-an d-ipod-touch/

Troubleshooting apps purchased from the App Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1702

Cheers, Tom
😉

Jul 23, 2014 7:17 AM in response to peytonkelvin

I have come to notice : When I want to change sir's voice in the settings, the whole list of languages appears to be empty. Same for the international keyboards and languages in general. It occurs even after a factory reset and other restore, etc etc.

So now, I'm onto reinstalling them but apparently, they won't come with a restore and set a new ipad. So I need to do it manually. Has anyone a clue ?

notes.app craches after all attempts to fix it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.