Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Sync Music From Old iPod Nano to New iPod Nano

Ref: Windows 7 PC, iTunes 11.3, Nano Gen 7 1.0.3

I had an iPod Nano Gen 5 with my music loaded. When I switched to the iPod Nano Gen 7, the music in my library will not download from iTunes. Some music is from CD, some from iTunes Store. On the Gen 5 I had unchecked Sync Music and checked Manual manage music which essentially erased all music from the iPod. Seems to me this would permit the music to be available for the Gen 7. No luck so far getting any of my music to load, I have subsequently removed and re-installed iTunes with no change. Under the Summary tab for the device I have checked only Sync only checked songs and videos. On the Music tab I have checked Sync Music, Entire music library. 0 songs is indicated next to Sync Music. This has been going on forever. Since I list to podcasts primarily, I have let this problem ride, but now I'd like to resolve it.

BTW I can still connect my Gen 5 and sync the entire library to it. What gives?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 9:56 AM

There are no replies.

Can't Sync Music From Old iPod Nano to New iPod Nano

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.