Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installed windows 7 on mavericks. Everything worked fine until I ran the windows support software. Now my keyboard and mouse will not work?! Help?!

I installed windows 7 through bootcamp.

Everything worked fine until I ran the windows support software and restarted.

Now, my keyboard and mouse will not work through windows 7 and I am stuck on the login screen.

Mouse and keyboard work fine in mavericks.

Please help

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 9:29 AM

6 replies

Jul 11, 2014 9:58 AM in response to colelmt

colelmt wrote:

I just downloaded the software that bootcamp had listed as "Download the latest Windows support software from Apple".

Then, in windows 7 I ran the .exe file that bootcamp had downloaded onto my usb stick.

You have not told us anything about your computer so I can not tell you what version is correct. Look for your computer here Boot Camp: System requirements for Microsoft Windows operating systems. Then download and install the correct version for your computer.

Jul 11, 2014 10:11 AM in response to colelmt

I did not say to uninstall Windows. I said go look at what the correct version of Windows Support software is and download and install that. I provided the link to the page containing a table of the correct versions of support software for each Apple computer and Windows combination.

Here is the table from the page I linked to. Notice that your computer does not support 32 bit Windows. I assume you installed Windows 64 bit. If not, you will also need to reinstall the correct version of Windows.

Mac model Windows 8
64-bit
Windows 7
64-bit
Windows 7
32-bit
Windows Vista
64-bit
Windows Vista
32-bit
Windows XP
32-bit
Mac mini Server (Late 2012) 5 5 - - - -
Mac mini (Late 2012) 5 5 - - - -
Mac mini Server (Mid 2011) 5 5 4 - - -
Mac mini (Mid 2011) 5 5 4 - - -
Mac mini (Mid 2010) - 4 4 DVD DVD DVD
Mac mini (Late 2009) - - 4 - DVD DVD
Mac mini (Early 2009) - - 4 - DVD DVD
Mac mini (Mid 2007) - - 4 - DVD DVD
Mac mini (Early 2006) - - 4 - DVD DVD

Installed windows 7 on mavericks. Everything worked fine until I ran the windows support software. Now my keyboard and mouse will not work?! Help?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.