Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Song with Playback Issues

I have a song in my library that I imported from a CD that has playback issues. It plays fine on the CD, but when I import it and play it, it skips (not skip as in skips to the next song but rather it gets stuck at one part and won't play smoothly. Kind of hard to describe). I figured that would be okay because I could just match it to its copy in the iTunes store and download a fresh version. However, when I downloaded it (on both my PC and iPad) it continued to play with issues. Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong, or was my idea not feasible from the beginning? I'm fairly certain the song was matched by iTunes Match and not Uploaded. Is there any way to tell? Running Windows 7 and iOS 7.1.2.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 9:44 AM

3 replies

Jul 11, 2014 11:05 PM in response to thewiseone24

It would appear that the faulty track has been uploaded. Add iCloud status column to song view in your iTunes library. This will confirm whether the track has been matched or not.

Have you tried re-ripping the track, using an app such as XLD which is free. This app can rip tracks in various format and can tell you if the track has been accurately ripped.

Jim

Song with Playback Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.