Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do I have to pay $14.99 to update my iPhoto?

trying to order a photo book, got error message saying that option no longer available in the iPhoto version I have, instructed to update, then learn I have to pay $14.99 in order to get the update, what's the deal?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 10:56 AM

3 replies

Jul 11, 2014 4:24 PM in response to dancechatter

This screenshot shows which previous versions of iPhoto are compatible with Mavericks. It also indicates which versions qualify for a free upgrade to iPhoto 9.5.1 and which require a purchase:

User uploaded file

Note 1: every day more users are reporting problems with iPhoto 8.1.2 so I've included it in the non compatible category.

Note 2: If your previous version of iPhoto was iPhoto 7 (08) or earlier you'll need to download and run the iPhoto Library Upgrader 1.1 application on the library before opening it with iPhoto 9.5.1

User uploaded file

why do I have to pay $14.99 to update my iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.